Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wow...it's been a while

Well...I'm walking again. My friend Linda asked if I was going to start writing again as well. I guess this is the answer Linda.
I started walking again on January 1 2011. I walked with my wife (Tracey), my two grandsons (Jackson and Aidan), and one of my new roommates (Buddy the Black Lab). You see I have moved to SoCal to live with my mother in law (Daphne or Gigi). I had a two year stint in Hawaii (which is another whole story) in which I walked a total of maybe ten times. It was not conducive to walk there for me...for a lot of reasons...so I didn't. But now....I'm excited to be walking again.
So New Years...it was a struggle...to say the least. Aidan our six year old grandson was complaining...a lot. It kind of irked me a little at first. I mean come on...it was a beautiful SoCal day, we had a great breakfast, we had a really good morning...until the complaining started..."It's too hot...I'm thirsty...the sun is too bright..." I do remember being 6 and I know it is tough...but this was a pretty great day.
But about half way up the steep hill...I kind of appreciated him more than I had before. His complaining was keeping me from doing my own complaining. I was about to become a six year old myself...fortunately Aidan spared me by filling that role himself. Acting like a six year old is perfectly acceptable if your six...a 56 year old acting that way...not so good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're writing again, Bill. I've missed reading the stories of your walking and music adventurese. And if you HAD whined, and had I been there, I would have said...SNAP OUT OF IT!!!
Love you and miss you!
Linda