Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Stormy

You know it's going to be a rough morning when it sounds as if your roof is going to blow off. The sound of driving rain pelting against your windows. Just the perfect conditions to stay in bed and only think about walking...right...?

Yup...I did it...I got my sorry self up and hit the streets. Right out the door it blew my hood off. I had to stop and pick up the garbage and recycle that had blown out of my trash cans waiting by the curb to be picked up. I stopped and picked up Nina and Tom's next door as well...I noticed all the cans on my side of the street were blown open, while the ones on the other side were not. Hmmm.

I set out walking and it really didn't seem as bad as it sounded inside. It felt as if I had more energy and more spring in my step...you know...really good. When it is like this it is so right...nice.

I continued on my normal loop, listening to the first Jars of Clay album...like me...it still sounded so fresh and young...powerful at times...Billy likes these times.

And then I turned the corner. I was hit with a direct south wind that blew a bucket load of rain right into my face and down behind my hood. The rain and wind felt as if I was just hit with a fire hose...it made me almost turn around. I should have trusted my instinct and stayed in bed. This sucked. How could I go from peaceful and powerful to drenched and defeated with just one turn of the corner?

Wind direction. Thats what it was. Wind direction. When going with the wind it seemed peaceful and calm...but exciting and invigorating all at the same time. When going against the wind...well it just seemed to really suck...big time.

It was about that time I heard that little voice...you know...from Him. Yeah...that one. How pleasant it is to go with the wind instead of against it. "Do you see any analogies here" He said...like I should know the answer or something. "Let me think about it for a moment" I says back...hoping I'll have the right answer. Wind direction...wind...pnuema...Holy Spirit...good with the wind...bad against it. "Nope" I says..."don't see any connection." I knew better...I lied...I knew what he was saying to me. Just then my favorite Jars song came on...Worlds Apart

Worlds Apart


I am the only one to blame for this
Somehow it all ends up the same
Soaring on the wings of selfish pride
I flew too high and like Icarus I collide
With a world I try so hard to leave behind
To rid myself of all but love
to give and die

To turn away and not become
Another nail to pierce the skin of one who loves
more deeply than the oceans,
more abundant than the tears
Of a world embracing every heartache

Can I be the one to sacrifice
Or grip the spear and watch the blood and water flow

To love you - take my world apart
To need you - I am on my knees
To love you - take my world apart
To need you - broken on my knees

All said and done I stand alone
Amongst remains of a life I should not own
It takes all I am to believe
In the mercy that covers me

Did you really have to die for me?
All I am for all you are
Because what I need and what I believe are worlds apart

Apparently, some one else tried to walk against the wind. Trust me...it's not that fun.

No comments: