Monday, May 4, 2009

Just in the Nick of Time

This morning I got the walk in just under the wire. It has been raining frogs and chickens here lately. Now we need the rain...rain is good for us and good for our fruit trees and plants...rain is good. But honestly, walking in the rain kind of blows to me...I don't really like it. But I didn't have to this morning...as I said, I made it under the wire.

It's strange really. Why am I so glad to avoid the rain? I have all the best rain gear. I have great shoes for walking in the rain. It's not really a rational concern and yet...there it is.

Well the whole attitude I have towards the rain got me to thinking...He always says He causes the rain to fall on the just and the unjust. First of all, He causes it to rain. I have to assume that if He causes it to rain, then rain must be good. Why would I want to avoid something He has made good. Now it may be annoying and it may be...well...wet, but being wet is not so bad. Sometimes I choose to be wet. So it could be He wants me to experience rain so that I will learn something new about Him...or about me.

No comments: