Friday, May 1, 2009

Reluctance/Avoidance

Hmmmmmmm. Pretty strange day already. I have come to face the fact that I have been extremely reluctant to walk in the morning, just as I have been reluctant to write this little bloggie. As a result of my reluctance, I have gone into a total avoidance mode. I guess it's just avoiding what may or may not be said...to me...by Him.
This morning I tried everything in my power to NOT put my shoes on. I painfully went to find my headphones and iPhone. I was not going to walk out that door. I refused to actually listen this morning. I did not want to hear His voice.
And I didn't.


I really don't know why.
I don't have really anything to hide.
Nothing that I'm terribly ashamed of.
I just did not want to hear from Him.

If I'm honest, I've been this way for a week or so.
Haven't walked or written.
Haven't sought Him out.


Not sure why really.

And yet...I walked.

And I wrote.

He's hard to shake you know.
Sometimes the best answer is to just do what you know is right...even if you don't feel it.
Not sure why...really.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I guess the important thing is you walked anyway! Thanks for being so honest and always pushing yourself to do what is right! That is one of the MANY reasons I love you and need you in my life!!