Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Stuck in Your Head

Ever have one of those songs in your head...you know...those songs. Now sometimes you get a good song stuck in your head. But sometimes...its a song you are so embarrassed to even mention it. This morning...I had that kind of song. It was one of those days.

If I tell you, you can't think of me less (how could you think any less of me)...PROMISE?????

The artist (if you could actually call her that) was once a part of another embarrassing duo...okay it was Sonny and Cher. The song...Cher's famous hit..."Gypsies Tramps and Thieves." Now I'm not embarrassed because of the content of the song...but by the quality. It is a terrible song...and why was it in my head? And it was only those four words kept going over and over and over again in my brain. It rattled me out of bed this morning. Even though I wanted to skip out on walking this morning...that song HAD to be exorcised...er...exercised...out of my head.

As I walked along this morning, listening to Dave Matthews...that song slowly slipped out of my brain. It was as if the negative music needed some quality and good...to erase the bad. It really reminded me this morn about one of my favorite quotes from a guy named Paul. He said whatever might be true and noble and right and pure...if you see anything that is excellent and lovely and admirable and praiseworthy...let your mind dwell on these things. So when you get a song stuck in your head...make sure its a good one. Cause "GT&T" really sucks and does not fit any of those definitions my friend Paul spoke of.

No comments: