Monday, September 15, 2008

Oh My Goodness

Sooooo...it's been two weeks has it? Well sometimes I get a little distracted. What started as an upset stomach turned into a sore foot, then it was a late night and the next thing you know it turns into two weeks.
Now normally, if I had missed two weeks I would just do what a normal person would do...you know try to make it two years. But I am trying to break those old habits and so this morning I got up early, found my clothes, iPod, and shoes, and hit the streets. 

Now I am not suggesting that God always rewards us when we are obedient...I mean sometimes just the simple act of being obedient is reward enough. But this morning, I have to believe that God said to me "wanna see what you have been missing?" I mean...really...it was awesome. 
I come around the corner, I got the new Jakob Dylan album on the Pod, and I see the moon in all of it's fullness sinking over the hills behind my house. It's one of those big harvest moons, so full and bright, reflecting the Son's glory. I walked even faster up the hill so I could see it sink. Thanks so much God.















So as if that wasn't enough, as I turned east, I could see the skyline turning red. I see a massive V of geese heading north and then POW!!! BOOM!!! Out of the eastern horizon a giant red ball explodes into the day. 
Wow God...you do that so well.
Well I gotta tell you...guilt never works as well as reward.

No comments: