Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Drift..........



What is it about me...well about most people...as Seinfeld would say "What's the deal with people..." It seems as soon as we find something really worthwhile in our lives...we seem to end up drifting away from it. It seems we are a whole world full of ADD people who can't stay focused on anything for longer than 13 minutes.
Let me give you some examples.
Walking- I love to walk in the morning. I am awake anyway...so just get up and walk. I love it when it is nasty weather cause I get to break out all my gear from years of being in foul weather while backpacking and climbing...its as much fun as walking. I love walking cause I get to listen to music, connect with God, and get some much needed excercise. Who wouldn't want to do that? Well many days...I don't.
Relationships- why is it the people you feel most close to, we end up taking them for granted. I think about how easy it is to slowly drift into complacency in our most vital relationships. That is so easy for us to do that. Even with the most famous and powerful person who ever walked the face of the Earth, Jesus Christ, people drift away from him all the time...I hate that.
Eating Right- trust me...this is one I know intimately...I do really well for so long and then I find myself eating bigger portions and the wrong stuff. I mean I have never met a pile of potatoes I didn't like. Really, you know what your doing is wrong and will only hurt you...but please can I have a second helping of those spuds please.
It really bugs when I find myself drifting...I seem to set goals just so I can drift away from them. A slow self destruction.
But this morning...I walked hard. I mean fast and consistent and launched my self up the hills...it was great. I was determined to not drift again. I am determined to follow the rules for eating right. I am determined to have a great day with Jesus and Tracey...and everyone else I encounter today...God help me...



"Hey are you going to eat those potatoes?"

No comments: