Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Silence

Ever have one of those mornings? You know, when you do all you are supposed to be doing, and yet it seems as if your just going through the motions. I got up on time. I asked Him if He was up for a walk. I put on my shoes, picked my music (Bruce Cockburn), and headed out with great anticipation. It was an absolutely gorgeous morning. I mean glorious. The stage was set for a BIG REVEAL. Come on BIG GUY...give me something GOOOOOOOOOOOOD this morning...I'm ready.

Nothing.
Nada.
Zilch.
Not a word or a whisper.

Okay, what did I do?
Did I say something wrong?
Did I do something that would have caused a wedge between us?

Nothing.
Nada.
Zilch.

"What's up this morning" I says to Him.
"Can't you just be quiet and take it all in...look at how wonderful this day is today" He says.
"Well sure" I says "But it would be nice to have a little chat too...wouldn't it?"

Nothing.
Nada.
Zilch.

So we walk home in silence...not a word spoke between us...just walking together quiet and...peaceful...relaxed...content. Weird. Why is it I think He always wants to tell me something? Maybe sometimes He just wants to walk with me quietly.
Okay...I can do that.

"But I'm here Big Guy...I mean if you want to talk...I'm here for you" I assure Him.

Nothing.
Nada.
Zilch.

Except...I think I saw Him...roll His eyes!

2 comments:

Tracey said...

I love the thought of God rolling His eyes!! I think He does this a lot with me :) You know how much I hate silence!!

Anonymous said...

We all do that with you Tracey! But seriously, I can see it. I like the idea of God rolling his eyes at me. It certainly makes Rick more Christlike!